Sometimes the combox is better than the blogger.
Below, you will find the excellent opining of “Aqua” and “Susan” on matters regarding:
- The impossibility of a divinely-instituted catch-22, whereby the Standard of Unity is also the Vector of Schism
- The moral obligation to not calumniate a true pope
- The grave error of those who would rather tear down the papacy than admit their base premise might be wrong
- The realization that a man who obviously does not enjoy any sort of supernatural protection from leading the faithful into heresy, idolatry, and apostasy cannot be true pope
- Otherwise, if he were a true pope, then the Petrine Promises have been broken, which means Christ is not divine, and Catholicism is a false religion.
Have a happy and holy weekend, everyone!